TNT and ParcelPoint - Terms of Service (‘Terms of Service’)
The Terms of Service are binding on you and may be enforced by TNT and/or ParcelPoint and also cover and can be invoked by a ParcelPoint Agent.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before you start to use the ParcelPoint Services.
By using or accessing the ParcelPoint Services, you indicate that you have read, understood and accept these Terms of Service, together with ParcelPoint’s
Please note that ParcelPoint is not an agent of TNT and TNT is not an agent of ParcelPoint.
If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, you must refrain from using the ParcelPoint Services.
In these Terms of Service “you” includes anyone acting on your behalf or with your express or implied authority as delegated formally by you (“ Your Delegate”).
The ParcelPoint Services
1. ParcelPoint Services are offered by ParcelPoint Pty Ltd (“ParcelPoint “) and its registered Agents (the "Agents" or " Participating Outlets").
2. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by ParcelPoint the only services to be provided by ParcelPoint under these Terms of Service are the Re-Delivery
Collections Service as described in Clause 3 ("ParcelPoint Services").
3. The ParcelPoint Services allow you to have parcels, packages or goods (“Parcels”) sent or redelivered to the address of an outlet
of a nominated ParcelPoint Agent participating in the ParcelPoint scheme (“Participating Outlets”), for subsequent collection by you
or Your Delegate during the Agent's opening hours.
4. ParcelPoint and its Agents will not be required, or caused, to carry, handle, deal or convey any unlawful, dangerous or prohibited goods as set out in
the http://www.parcelpoint.com.au/prohibited.html page (“ Prohibited Goods”). If your Parcel is suspected of containing Prohibited Goods, your Parcel may be destroyed and/or notified to the
5. You will be liable for any and all loss or damage caused by, or in connection with the Prohibited Goods however arising and shall indemnify ParcelPoint
and its Agents against all penalties, loss, liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses whatsoever arising in connection therewith and the Prohibited
Goods may be destroyed or otherwise dealt with at the sole discretion of ParcelPoint or by any other person in whose custody they may be at the relevant
6. ParcelPoint shall be under no liability whatsoever in connection with the Prohibited Goods however arising.
7. ParcelPoint and its Agents reserve the right to refuse delivery or lodgement of a Parcel at a Participating Outlet if:
(a) the Parcel exceeds 10kg and exceeds dimensions of 60cm x 60cm x 60cm; or
(b) the Parcel has a single dimension greater than 100cm; or
(c) the addition of the two greatest dimensions of the Parcel exceeds 120cm;or
(d) the Parcel contains or is suspected of containing Prohibited Goods;
unless otherwise agreed by ParcelPoint in advance.
8. Without limiting Clause 7, ParcelPoint will only accept a maximum of two (2) Parcels per consignment.
9. ParcelPoint will only provide ParcelPoint Services for a period of fourteen (14) days from and including the date on which the Parcel is received by
a Participating Outlet (“Service Period”)
(for example if a Parcel is received on 1 February then the Parcel must be collected on or before 14 February).
10. The Fees payable by you in relation to ParcelPoint providing the ParcelPoint Services are as follows:
(a) AU$2.95 (including GST) per consignment for the period commencing on and from the date on which the Parcel is received by a Participating Outlet (“ Commencement Date”) and continuing until the earlier of:
(i) the date on which you or Your Delegate collect the Parcel from the Participating Outlet; and
(ii) the day which is seven calendar days from (and including) the Commencement Date (“Initial Date”) (for example if the Commencement
Date is 1 February then the seventh day will be 7 February).
(b) if the Parcel is not collected on or before the Initial Date, then an additional fee of AU$2.95 (including GST) per consignment will apply for the
period commencing on and from the calendar day immediately following the Initial Date (“Second Commencement Date”) and continuing until
the earlier of:
(j) the date on which you or Your Delegate collect the Parcel from the Participating Outlet; and
(ii) the day which is seven calendar days from (and including) the Second Commencement Date (“End Date”) (for example if the Second
Commencement Date is 8 February then the seventh day will be 14 February).
11. All Fees must be paid in full at the time you or Your Delegate collect the Parcel from the Participating Outlet.
The ParcelPoint Services
12. You will receive notification via email and/or SMS, depending on the contact details you provided on the TNT Re-Delivery Website at the time you
requested the ParcelPoint Services, when your Parcel is available for collection.
13. You will be advised periodically that your Parcel is ready for pickup. If it has not been collected on or before the End Date (as defined in Clause
10 above), then:
(a) ParcelPoint reserves the right to return your Parcel to TNT or destroy it, unless prior arrangements have been made in writing between you and
(b) TNT may, if the Parcel is returned to TNT, destroy the Parcel, return the Parcel to the sender or take such other action as TNT deems appropriate.
The ParcelPoint Services
14. For the security of your Parcel, you will be required to provide photo identification when collecting your Parcel from the Participating Outlet.
ParcelPoint may record a copy of your photo identification for audit purposes.
15. Where Your Delegate is collecting the Parcel on your behalf, this must be agreed in writing by ParcelPoint prior to collection of your Parcel by
contacting ParcelPoint via telephone on 1300 025 639 or by email on email@example.com.
The ParcelPoint Services
16. If your Parcel is lost, damaged or stolen when in the possession of ParcelPoint or an Agent, ParcelPoint will reimburse you up to AU$100 or the value
of your Parcel (whichever is lesser), unless such loss or damage is caused or contributed by you.
17. You are advised to check the Parcel for any damage prior to accepting it from ParcelPoint or the Agent, as no responsibility will be taken for damaged
Parcels once you have collected the Parcel.
18. If you need to lodge a parcel insurance claim, you may do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. If making a claim due to a
Parcel being lost, damaged or stolen, you will be required to provide Proof of Delivery (as provided on TNT’s website), photo identification and other
documentary evidence stating the value of your Parcel (for example the invoice).
19. To the maximum extent permitted by law, ParcelPoint, its directors, employees, contractors and agents exclude any and all liability whatsoever to you
(or anyone else) arising out of or in any way connected with these Terms of Service or the ParcelPoint Services for any direct, indirect, special or
consequential loss, loss of profits or savings, loss of income, loss of business, loss of opportunity, howsoever arising and whether caused by a breach of
statute, breach of contract, negligence or other tort. Without limiting foregoing, you agree that in no event shall our maximum aggregate liability exceed
20. ParcelPoint has no responsibility or any liability in relation to: (a) fragile goods (such as glassware); (b)non-working goods (such as faulty
electronics); or (c) anything else set out in http://www.parcelpoint.com.au/prohibited.html.
Intellectual Property Rights
21. ParcelPoint is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, trade marks and copyright) in our
platform, technology or solution, the ParcelPoint Services and the ParcelPoint site, and the material published on it (including, without limitation, its
look and feel, brands, logos and trade marks, information, graphics, photographs, content, images, sounds, video, audio, text, layout, logos, button icons
and the compilation and organisation thereof, and all intellectual property rights contained therein). Those works are protected by intellectual property
laws around the world. All such rights are reserved.
22. You appoint ParcelPoint as your agent so that ParcelPoint has the power and authority to deal with the Parcel in any manner it sees fit, as
contemplated by these Terms of Service, or as otherwise required in order to facilitate ParcelPoint providing the ParcelPoint Services.
23. ParcelPoint is not a carrier or other delivery agent, but rather a facilitator in procuring an opportunity for you to collect your Parcel, via a
24. ParcelPoint reserves the right, in its absolute discretion as to the means, route and procedure to be followed in the handling and storage of the
25. By using the ParcelPoint website, and the ParcelPoint Services, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service and the ParcelPoint
26. You authorised ParcelPoint to provide TNT with all information disclosed to ParcelPoint in connection with the Parcel and the ParcelPoint Services,
including but not limited to your Personal Information (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth))(“Your Information”). You further agree
27. Nothing herein is intended to, or shall operate to, create a partnership, agency or joint venture between you and ParcelPoint.
28. ParcelPoint shall not be responsible for any delay, suspension or failure arising out of any circumstances outside of our reasonable control, including
but not limited to, acts of God, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion or flood.
29. These Terms of Service and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with same shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the
laws of New South Wales, Australia and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of that State.
TNT Exclusion of liability
30. You fully and irrevocably release and discharge
TNT in respect all loss, damage and liability you may suffer or incur of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising, including but not limited to loss, damage
and liability arising directly or indirectly in connection with the ParcelPoint Services, loss or damage to your Parcel, you or Your Delegate’s failure to
collect the Parcel prior to the End Date or ParcelPoint and/or TNT exercising their rights under Clause 13.
31. You agree to indemnify TNT to the fullest extent permitted by law from and against all loss, damage and liabilities suffered or incurred by TNT arising
directly or indirectly from you requesting delivery of the Parcel to the Participating Outlet (including but not limited to any claim made against TNT by
the sender of the Parcel), your breach of these Terms of Service, you or Your Delegate’s failure to collect the Parcel prior to the End Date or ParcelPoint
and/or TNT exercising their rights under Clause 13.